Thursday, March 01, 2007

Aqua Dog

My first fare of the night last Saturday went from Midtown to the Upper West Side with three passengers in the back seat: a young woman named Doria, a young man named Klery, and a young dog named Scuba.


Scuba is a Pug who's having his second birthday on March 6th. Doria and Klery are planning a big bash for him and all his friends and are hoping it will be as big a hit as last year's party in which not one, but two, doggie birthday cakes were served and then devoured by the furry guests. (No, not the guys with the goatees - the dogs. Apparently there is a place that makes cakes for canines. Who knew?)

As I've said before, it seems that every dog that gets in my cab has, or does, some kind of special thing. Scuba's special thing is that he takes showers with Doria and Klery (now there's a taxicab confession for you!). In fact, he has his own shampoo in the bathtub. He just loves being in the water.

And that's how he got his name.


Happy birthday, Scuba!




Click here for Pictures From A Taxi.

5 comments:

  1. Gene, what kind of dog do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dogs but I don't have one. I do have a cat and a turtle, though. How 'bout you, Gaberina? Do you have a dog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a very sweet, buff colored cocker spaniel named Shelby who lived a long time. She had health problems and we had to put her to sleep about a year and a half ago. Now it's just my cat Tiger who is a great big gray/black/white tabby and is a ferocious hunter. I would like to get a new dog and my son is practically begging me to do it. But I also like the freedom of not having a dog. I am quite fond of the Pugs - but I heard they have a lot of health problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one beautiful puppy. Happy birthday, Scuba. And a happy birthday to you next week, G.S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaberina, I sympathize. I've had to put two cats down and it's very tough. Is your son old enough to assume responsibility for taking care of a new dog? That would be less work for you.
    Editor's note: "Handsome Harry" is my friend of 30 years who was once a taxi driver but then became a chiropractor. Harry got me into the taxi business and was literally my first passenger and now he's going to get me something great for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete